The Club des ornithologues de Brome-Missisquoi subscribes to the Code of Conduct of Regroupement QuébecOiseaux. As birdwatchers, we share our interest in avian wildlife and its environment and we are all concerned about protecting them. Our actions must therefore reflect these values. The COBM invites all its members to follow its recommendations aimed at protecting birds, their habitats and the reputation of recreational ornithology.
Here are the main lines of the Code of Conduct of Regroupement QuébecOiseaux:
– Respecting and protecting birds
- Do not scare, chase or bother birds;
- Stay away from the nests;
- Do not use sound recordings or imitate birds during breeding period or when conditions are likely to be detrimental to them.
– Preserving and respecting bird habitats
- Stay on the trails and do not damage the vegetation;
- Do not leave any rubbish;
- Respect private property.
– Respect other people
- Reduce noise, keep your voice down;
- Allow everyone to observe and share their knowledge.